Recreation facilities are as different as the sports and games they host. However, it doesn’t matter if you’re a bowling alley or a tennis court – you still have a diverse employee roster that needs effective management. Whilst facilities may vary in whether they used fixed or rotating schedules, they all need to account for peak times and seasons, match staff with their work stations and provide a strong service for their customers. Each coach, trainer or whoever can have their own requirements and many of these will also need to have their fixed or rotating shifts schedules.
It can be hard to keep abreast of such a changing and mixed schedule and this is only made harder if poor scheduling methods are being used. That’s why recreation facilities are looking to use shift scheduling software, which provides advanced and complete solutions for scheduling. Shift management programs make the whole process of scheduling simple and easy to adjust, which is ideal for recreation managers who have such a large amount of tasks.
Employee scheduling software can be available for free, with programs that run adverts or restrict the amount of employees that can be entered. Another great option is to look at trials for premium products, these enable recreation facilities to see what works best for them – something invaluable when there are many staff scheduling software packages available.
Here is a list of employee scheduling software applications with a brief description of each:
1) Snap Schedule 365
From scheduling to employee self-service, Snap Schedule 365 gives you 24/7 access to innovative features that save time, reduce labor costs, improve productivity and promote employees’ work-life balance. Swipe, tap, or click. Snap Schedule 365’s modern UI lets schedulers and managers easily manage their workforce anywhere and anytime, on any device. Its powerful features cover every aspect of modern day workforce management. Available 24/7 and accessible to employees whether at work or at home, Snap Schedule 365’s self-service features cut scheduling and administrative time by making employees more pro-active in the process.
2) When I Work
When I Work makes it easy for businesses to schedule and communicate with their hourly employees. It does more than just save you time on scheduling. It also helps you improve communication, eliminate excuses, boost accountability among your staff, track time and attendance, and grow your business. When I Work pricing starts at $1.50 per month, per user. There is a free version for up to 75 employees.
Restaurants and retail stores that need scheduling and timekeeping for one location can get Homebase for free. Employees can always get their up-to-date work schedule via text and email. Homebase automatically reminds employees of upcoming shifts and allows you to manage shifts trades and covers on the fly. Managers can easily track employee availability, time-off requests, and approvals in the Homebase work schedule app.
Hospitality businesses and restaurants can schedule faster, reduce labor costs, communicate better, stay labor compliant with OpenSimSim. Create daily or weekly schedules. Track labor costs to check you’re staying under budget. Post open shifts if you need extra help. The basic plan is free and it can be used for 1 location, 1 department, 10 scheduled workers.
5) Shifts in Microsoft Teams
If you already enrolled in a Microsoft Office 365 plan that includes Microsoft Teams, you can use the scheduling management tool in Microsoft Teams called Shifts. This scheduling management tool will help you create, update, and manage schedules for your team even when on the run. Shifts provides a platform to enhance communications and collaboration with fellow team members and management.
What Can Recreation Scheduling Software Do for You?
Recreation scheduling software takes the hard work out of staffing, scheduling, and publishing work schedules, freeing you up to do more important things.
- Spend less time creating and publishing work schedules. Recreation scheduling software makes scheduling employees, editing information, analyzing data, and distributing employee work schedules easy and simple. Assign tasks, work stations, breaks, and duties within each shift.
- Quickly fill a shift or find a substitute based on many criteria including job position, skills, availability, labor cost, work hour limits, and seniority.
- Prevent and alerts you to availability conflicts, duplicate shift assignments, overlapped shift assignments, and conflicts with scheduled time off.
- Know instantly where officers are assigned. No need to flip through pages of paper to see absentee, on-call, training, or overtime situations.
- Reduce the time to track and assign employee training, vacation and time off requests. Recreation scheduling software keeps you up to date on who will not be coming in to work and why. Its comprehensive reports provide details on planned vacation, training, and time off hours for any time period you select.
- Reduce labor costs and avoid unnecessary overtime. Recreation scheduling software lets you accurately track absences and forecast staffing needs to minimize over-staffing, which in turn reduces payroll costs. It automatically sums up employees’ work hours and costs; calculates overtime, on-call, time off, and incentive pays; and provides detailed cost reports so you know instantly if you are on budget.
- Keep scheduling and employee information in one place for easy access. Insert ID photos as well as employee contact information, authorized work stations, skills, available work hours for part-time and volunteers, and work hour constraints into employee records.
- Monitor attendance, work hours, and labor costs. Advanced online employee scheduling software with time clock features lets you see exactly who clocked in and how your scheduled hours compare to the hours your employees are actually working.